Cooking homemade wine - the whole art. Experienced winemakers use a variety of fruits and fruits for homemade alcohol. Mulberry wine is popular because the berries have a pleasant dessert taste and contain enough sugars for winemaking.
Features cooking mulberry wine
To prepare a delicious dessert wine, it is important to observe a few basic nuances of making a mulberry drink:
- It is necessary to use strictly black varieties of mulberry, because they have the most pronounced taste and color;
- it is better to use the berries at the peak of ripeness, when they begin to fall from the tree;
- if the berries are not dirty, they should not be washed;
- For a rich taste, experts recommend adding lemon juice.
Before you start cooking wine, all the ingredients should be sorted. Among the berries should not be rotten, moldy copies, because they will spoil the taste and quality of homemade alcohol.
How to make wine from mulberry berries
Wine from mulberry at home make a simple recipe. But experienced winemakers have come up with several options for dessert wine from mulberry. You can add different ingredients, and then the wine will get a pleasant taste and aroma. Each winemaker has his own secrets, but the general algorithm and cooking technique are the same.
A simple recipe for mulberry wine
To prepare a standard drink from mulberry with a minimum of ingredients you will need:
- 2 kg of mulberry;
- 1.5 kg of granulated sugar;
- 10 g of citric acid;
- 5 liters of clean water;
- 100g raisins.
In this case, unwashed raisins are needed to enhance the fermentation process.
The process of making wine from mulberry:
- Grind mulberry and leave for an hour to let the fruit juice.
- Transfer to the container with a wide neck.
- Add 0.5 kg of granulated sugar, water and raisins.
- All carefully stir, cover with gauze and put in a dark place with room temperature.
- Stir once a day.
- If everything goes according to plan, then after 2-3 days the smell with sourness and foam will appear - this is a sign of the beginning fermentation.
- The resulting wort must be passed through several layers of gauze.
- Squeeze the pulp and mix it with the juice of the berries.
- Pour the resulting liquid into a fermentation tank and add a pound of granulated sugar.
- About a quarter of the space in the tank should remain free, and a medical glove with a hole in the finger should be pulled on the neck.
- Set the container in a dark room with a temperature of + 18-25 ° C.
- After 5 days, add the remaining half a kilo of sugar to the drink.
- Depending on many factors, fermentation ends in 20-55 days. This will be noticeable by a deflated glove and a lightened guilt.
- Next, you need to pour the drink into the container for storage, strictly without sediment. The storage tank should be filled to the top, tightly sealed.
- To put on maturation closed wine in a dark place with a temperature not higher than + 16 ° C for 4-7 months. During ripening it is recommended to periodically change the container.
After a while, you can try a homemade drink made from mulberry berries. From the proposed set of products is 5 liters of wine with a strength of 10-12 °.
Delicious mulberry wine with mint and cinnamon
Practically healing drink is obtained by adding mint and cinnamon. To create a mulberry wine you will need:
- 1 kg of mulberry;
- 3.8 liters of water;
- 100 ml of lemon juice;
- 60 g mint leaves;
- cinnamon sticks - 2 pcs .;
- 2.5 g of wine yeast.
- Make a classic syrup of pure water and sugar.
- Crush mulberry.
- Stir in syrup, cinnamon, lemon juice and mint.
- Cover with gauze, leave in a dark room.
- After 10 days, squeeze the berries with a press.
- Drain, pour into the bottle and install the water seal.
- When fermentation is over, free the wine from sediment, strain and pour into containers.
- Put on ripening, after 5 months, you can try the drink.
Mulberry Lemon Wine
With additional components in the form of lemon juice, homemade mulberry wine is obtained with a pleasant sourness. Ingredients:
- 3 kg of mulberry;
- unwashed raisins - half a kilo;
- a pound of sugar squeak;
- wine yeast - 5 g;
- 2 liters of water;
- juice of two lemons.
- Put mulberry in a container with a wide neck, pour in the prepared syrup, unwashed raisins and leave for a couple of hours.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons and add to the drink.
- After 12 hours, add the wine yeast and mix.
- Cover with gauze and leave the wort in a room where it is warm and dark for four days.
- Mix twice a day.
- On the fifth day, it is necessary to collect the raised pulp and squeeze juice from it.
- Pour the wort into the fermentation bottle, set the hydraulic lock and leave.
- When the fermentation is over, you need to separate the drink from the sediment.
- Pour the young drink into bottles and leave for maturation for 4 months.
The result is a very pleasant wine with a light aroma.
Recipe for Mulberry Wine with White Wine
Components for a drink:
- 2 kg of mulberry;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- 750 ml of white wine, preferably semi-sweet;
- 30 g of cinnamon powder;
- 5 liters of drinking filtered water.
- Crush the mulberry berries and leave them for a day.
- Then squeeze the juice through the press.
- Add sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Put on fermentation away from sunlight.
- After 3 days, add water, wine and pour into a glass bottle.
- Install water trap.
- After fermentation, pour out the mulberry wine from the sediment and pour it into glass containers for storage.
- Try in six months.
Recipe for Mulberry Wine with Raspberries
The combination of mulberry and raspberry makes the wine surprisingly pleasant in its aroma and sweetness. Recipe Components:
- black mulberry - 3.6 kg;
- raspberry juice - 0.8 l;
- sugar - 2.8 kg;
- lemon juice 30 ml;
- wine yeast - 30 g
Recipe for making mulberry wine with raspberries:
- Mulberry wash, pass.
- Add sugar to the berries, add lemon and raspberry juices, put on a small fire until sugar crystals completely dissolve.
- Cool and add wine yeast.
- Put in a warm place and stir with a wooden spatula every day.
- After four days, squeeze out the juice with a press.
- Pour all into a glass bottle and install a water seal.
- After the end of the fermentation process, filter everything and pour it into glass bottles.
A simple recipe for mulberry wine with honey
Ingredients for honey mulberry wine:
- 4 kg of mulberry;
- juice and zest of three lemons;
- 6 liters of apple juice;
- 1 kg of white sugar;
- 400 g of natural honey;
- 4 g of wine yeast.
- Mulberry thoroughly knead.
- Add honey and sugar, as well as minced peeled lemons.
- Add apple juice.
- Heat a little over the fire until the honey and sugar dissolve.
- Cool and add wine yeast.
- Leave for three days, stirring regularly.
- Squeeze the juice and pour everything into a container with a water seal.
- When the water seal in the form of a glove is deflated, you can pour the young wine into bottles.
On ripening before the first test will also take about 5 months.
Why mulberry wine does not play
The lack of fermentation in wine, regardless of the raw materials for its preparation, always has a reasonable cause. It can be:
- temperature errors - for mulberry wine the optimal range is + 18-25 ° C; Important! When buying, you should always look at the expiration date and buy yeast from proven manufacturers.
- The quantity and quality of the wine yeast is incorrectly chosen.
- Incorrect amount of sugar.
The sweeter the berries, the faster the fermentation process begins. If sweet berries are used in wine, then additional sugar is not needed. Yeast fungi require sugar for normal active reproduction, and therefore with its lack of fermentation it will not or will start late, and it will take a long time.
What to do if peppered mulberry wine
If stored improperly, not enough sugar, oxygen in the bottle of wine, it can become too acidic. In this case, experienced winemakers offer several recipes:
- the best option is to mix several wines, one of which should be sweet, even cloying;
- hold the wine bottles in the refrigerator for two months and then separate the resulting sediment;
- It is also worth trying to heat the bottles in water, but they must be tightly closed.
If you cannot save the wine, you can wait for the new crop and mix the new wort with this wine in a ratio of 10: 1.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store wine should be in a cool room, for example, in the cellar. The shelf life of mulberry wine is 4 years. Experienced winemakers fumigate the cellars with sulfur dioxide wine to prevent acidification.
Mulberry Wine ReviewsIvanov Semyon, 43 g, Tiraspol Already for several years, in addition to grape wine, I have been making a home-made drink from mulberry. Mulberry is a sweet berry, and therefore the wine is obtained with a pleasant aroma and dessert taste. I always add unwashed raisins, so fermenting wine starts faster. Sugar regulate depending on who I make wine. My wife and I like sweeter, but I add less sugar to my parents so that it will turn sour. Marianna Letova, 38, Chisinau Black mulberry gives sweet wine. If you add sugar or honey, the fermentation process will turn out to be boiling, and the final drink will be sweet. Lemon juice and acid try not to add. I tried to make white mulberry wine, but it didn't work out - it is less juicy and drier. Last time I did the recipe with the addition of raspberry - an unforgettable aroma, a drink of the Gods.
Mulberry wine is not just a pleasant drink, but a complete treat for the most discerning guests. It is easy to prepare it, you need a little sugar, as an activation of the fermentation process use unwashed raisins, wine yeast. There are several recipes for making wine from mulberry, each with its own additional ingredients.