Grape compote is considered one of the most delicious. This drink is very similar to pure juice, it is loved by both adults and children. Compotes from grapes can be different, they are made from berries of different colors and varieties, combined with other fruits and berries, add cinnamon, lemon and various spices. It is not difficult to prepare compote from grapes for the winter, it will take a maximum of half an hour from the hostess. But then the whole family will be able to enjoy the fresh taste of summer throughout the long and cold winter.
How to cook grape compote, and this article will be devoted. Here you will look at various recipes for winter preparation, as well as explain how to make the taste of homemade drink even better.
The secrets of delicious grape compote for the winter
It is possible to cook compote from grapes for the winter in a variety of ways: choose a simple recipe, sterilize cans with a drink, use berries with stones or put them in whole clusters, roll up or close the capron cover.
For grape compote, absolutely any grapes, either blue or white or pink, are suitable. The most delicious drink is obtained from sweet and sour dark varieties. No less good cocktails with the addition of plums, apples or pears.
Tip! To make the color of grape compote of white berries richer, you can add a few cherry leaves.
At home, you can make very tasty compotes, especially if you experiment: combine grapes with other fruits, add spices and spices, dilute the sweetness of wine grapes with lemon juice or citric acid.
Compote of grapes in the winter brewed not only to just drink it. From this preparation make excellent mousses, jellies, alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails.
This drink is not just delicious, it is also incredibly useful - grape compote is certainly preferable to the purchased fruit juice.
How to cook grape compote
This homemade compote in terms of concentration and richness of taste is similar to natural juice. For its preparation suitable berries of any kind, but it is best to take dark-colored grapes, such as Isabella, Moldova, Dove or Kish-Mish.
The calculation of the products is given on a three-liter jar:
- 1 cup sugar;
- half a can of grapes;
- 2.5 liters of water;
- some citric acid.
Prepare a vitamin preparation should be as follows:
- Grapes need to rob with bunches, clear of twigs and rotted berries.
- Now the fruits are washed under running water and thrown into a colander to make the glass excess moisture.
- Each can must be filled with berries up to half the volume.
- Water is poured into the pot and sugar is added. Sugar syrup is boiled on the stove, bringing the liquid to a boil.
- Another boiling syrup poured the grapes in jars and cover with lids. 15 minutes drink should be infused.
- After a quarter of an hour, the syrup is drained from the cans into the same pan and set on fire. Two minutes after boiling citric acid is added to the liquid (a pinch of acid is enough for each jar).
- Now syrup is poured into grapes in cans and sealed using a seamer.
Banks with compote need to be turned over and left to cool completely, covered with a warm blanket. The color of the finished compote will be rich, and the taste, on the contrary, will be light and refreshing.
Tip! To conveniently drain the syrup from the cans, you can use special plastic caps with holes.
Recipe for grape compote without sterilization
Buying juices and natural compotes is quite expensive, and in the winter so want something tasty, summer and vitamin. You can quickly make a compote of grapes for the winter without sterilization - this is the strength of each hostess.
Two three-liter banks will need the following number of products:
- 2 kg of blue grapes;
- 0.5 kg of granulated sugar;
- 4 liters of water.
How to make compote:
- Pick berries from grapes, pour water for 15-20 minutes, rinse thoroughly and drain in a colander to drain the water.
- Compote cans should be sterilized with boiling water or steam.
- Each jar is filled with berries for about a third of the volume.
- Now you can pour 250 g of sugar into each jar. Sakha will make the taste of the drink more concentrated.
- To taste you can add a few leaves of mint, a little cinnamon, flower of cloves - spices will make the compote more unusual and tasty.
- Now fill each jar with boiling water and immediately close the metal lids.
It remains to turn the cans with compote and wrap in a warm blanket. The next day, you can take the workpiece to the basement.
Important! Compote of grapes that have not been sterilized can only be stored in the basement and not more than a year.
Compote brewed from grapes and apples
The taste of this drink is twice as good, because it contains not only grapes, but also fragrant apples. Acid from apples brightens grape compote, its shade is very beautiful, ruby. But this, if you take the berries of dark varieties (Moldova, Isabella) - they are best suited for making such compote for the winter.
For each bank you will need:
- 150 grams of sugar;
- 1-2 clusters of grapes (depends on size);
- 3-4 apples.
To make a vitamin drink is simple:
- The grapes are washed right on the tassels, shaken off and lightly dried.
- Apples should also be washed and cut into several pieces, the core with stones should be removed. If the fruits are small, you can put the apples in the jar as a whole.
- Banks are pre-washed with soda and sterilized.
- Apples and grapes are placed in each jar, filling the container by 2/3.
- It remains to add sugar, pour boiling water over the fruit, filling the jars at the very neck, and roll it up.
Compote turned over and wrapped. The next day, you can drop the banks in the basement.Attention! You can cook this compote and white grapes. In this case, you need to take red apples to make the color of the drink beautiful.
Compote recipe for winter grapes and plums
The taste and aroma of wine grapes goes well with other fruits. Blue variety can be advantageously combined with a plum, getting a fragrant and tasty drink for the winter.
These ingredients will be needed:
- blue grapes 4-5 clusters of medium size;
- 250 grams of sugar;
- 0.5 kg plums;
Preparation of the drink will be as follows:
- Prepare the banks in advance: first wash the containers with soda, then sterilize them in the oven or in any other way. After this procedure, the container should be completely dry.
- Grapes do not break off with clusters, wash it right like that. Thoroughly shake brushes. Plums are also washed and lightly dried.
- In each jar impose so much drain to fill the container by a quarter. On top of a couple put a bunch of grapes. As a result, the bank should be half filled with fruit.
- The prepared fruit mixture is poured with boiling water and lidded jars.
- After half an hour, you need to drain the water on the berries and put it in a saucepan. Sugar is poured there, mixed and brought to a boil. After boiling, you can boil the syrup a little more so that the sugar in it dissolves completely.
- Pour fruit with boiling syrup and quickly close the cans with metal lids. Now you need to turn the container with compote and leave in this position for half an hour. When the drink has cooled down a little, the jars are turned over to the normal position and the rug is wrapped up - so the compote itself will undergo the sterilization process.
In the cellar, the workpiece is carried out in 2-3 days, when the compote is thoroughly infused and completely cooled under the blanket.
How to close the compote with lemon
This drink turns out very refreshing, it can be prepared not only for the winter, but also cooked for each day to quench your thirst in the unbearable summer heat. In addition to excellent taste, this preparation for the winter boasts a high content of vitamin C, which is very useful in the period of autumn and spring avitaminosis.
For cooking you will need:
- 100 grams of grapes;
- 30 grams of lemon;
- 1 spoon of sugar;
- 1 liter of water.
Preparing a healthy and invigorating drink is very simple:
- Berry pick with bunches and thoroughly rinse. Remove damaged and rotted grapes.
- Lemon should be scalded with boiling water and cut into slices along with the peel.
- Berries and lemon slices are placed in a saucepan, covered with sugar and water is added. All this must be brought to a boil and cook over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- To drink fresh fruit compote, the saucepan is simply covered with a lid and waiting for the beverage to cool completely. For harvesting in the winter, compote is poured together with the fruit in cans and sealed with metal lids.
Tip! Those who do not really like sweets may not add sugar to the grape drink. Then the compote will turn out slightly sour and will be stored longer.
How to close the compote of grapes in the winter whole clusters
For such a billet, small-fruited varieties of blue color are most suitable, because the bunch must fit in a jar and pass through its neck. Cooking this compote is even faster and easier, because you don’t have to touch and pick berries.
The ingredients are as follows:
- whole clusters without damaged and rotten berries;
- 2 liters of water;
- 1 cup sugar.
Cooking technology is very simple:
- Tassels are washed under running water, inspect and remove single spoiled grapes.
- Banks need to be washed with soda, but not yet sterilized.
- In each jar stack several bunches to fill it by about a third.
- Grape clusters are filled with boiling water, filling the banks to the top. After 10-15 minutes, the water is drained.
- Sugar is added to this infusion and the syrup is brought to a boil.
- Grape clusters are poured with boiling syrup and sealed with a seamer.
The first day of compote is in inverted cans, securely wrapped with a blanket. The next day, you can clean up the workpiece in the cellar or in the pantry.Tip! So that compote does not taste bitter, grape bunches are cut to the very foundation, in the place where the tassels with berries begin.
If you are preparing a compote of grapes, remember that a large amount of sugar can spoil the delicate taste of this drink. In addition, most varieties and so different high sugar content, so in some cases, and you can not add sugar.
Brighten the drink from the wine grapes will help acid, which is in lemons or apples. But to make a compote color of white varieties will help more beautiful cherry leaves, a few black currant berries or sweet red apples.